You must apply via the link HERE
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Queens District Office. This position is inside the bargaining unit.
Serves as the Area Office's central point of contact on matters pertaining to OSHA program and administrative work processes. This includes personnel matters. Advises area Office managers regarding the completion and submission of performance appraisals to the Regional Office. Assists the Area Director in managing the Area Office's budget and all related fiscal matters. Manages supply purchases/inventories for the Area Office. Serves as the travel program point of contact and prepares travel authorizations. Serves as the Area Office's timekeeper and is responsible for monitoring the Agency's time and attendance system. Manages the reception area, including receiving visitors and incoming telephone calls. Serves as the Area Office's training coordinator. Coordinates Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) program at the Area office level. Serves as the Area Director's designated assistant. Assists in managing the Area Director's schedule by priorities and setting-up, rearranging or declining appointments as necessary. Keeps the area director informed of issues when s/he is away from the office.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment to this position may require a background investigation.
- Requires a probationary period if the requirement has not been met.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Applicants must meet all legal and regulatory requirements. Reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.
For GS-06: applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level which demonstrates:
- Experience in advanced office automation, familiarity with
reviewing documents for conformance with policy, format and grammatical accuracy;
- Experience in creating, maintaining files, handling correspondence, and transcribing correspondence and reports from rough drafts into Proper format; assembling and summarizing information from variety of sources as required;
- Experience in managing and procuring office equipment and supplies;
- Experience in responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request;
- Experience in monitoring office budget and gathering budget related information for budget development/request;
-Knowledge of the government travel program and preparing travel authorizations.
For GS-7: applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 level which demonstrates:
-Experience in applying office administrative procedures including travel, records management, correspondence control and file maintenance, payroll, timekeeping, procurement, and property inventory;
-Knowledge of appropriation and fund accounting methods, techniques, and related requirements used in maintaining, analyzing, and auditing all appropriations and object classes;
-Experience in organizing and preparing financial reports;
-Knowledge of the government travel program and experience in preparing travel authorizations;
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act and experience in reviewing files and deleting applicable information for release.
-Experience in using a desktop computer to execute office automation functions (i.e. storing and retrieving electronic documents or files, producing letters and memoranda, entering and formatting information to create and maintain a spreadsheet or database, researching data from automated records, and transmitting and receiving electronic mail,)
• Applicant must prove/demonstrate that they meet the qualifications of the job.
• Answers to the competency questions must be substantiated in the resume - failure to do so, may result in a lower score. This is important, as only the best candidates will be sent to the selecting official for consideration.
• Information provided in a cover letter cannot be used to qualify the applicant. It must be included in the resume.
• Even if your application is sent to the selecting official for consideration, they do not have to interview you.
If your clients have questions, they should contact the person on the vacancy announcement.
You must apply via the link HERE