2020 1L Summer Internship Program
Prudential Financial, Inc.
The Hispanic National Bar Association and HNBA VIA Fund are pleased to partner with Prudential Financial, Inc. (Prudential) to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a highly-motivated first-year law student. Through this partnership, the HNBA and HNBA VIA Fund will select a student to join the 2020 summer law intern class at Prudential for a 10-week internship at Prudential’s New Jersey offices, for a stipend of approximately $10,000.
The summer internship will provide interns with the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Prudential’s businesses. Other features of the summer internship program include:
The 1L summer internship will run for 10 weeks, from May 18 to July 24, 2020. Summer interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $10,000, which shall accrue and be paid on a
- Paid attendance at the LCLD Scholars Summit in Atlanta, GA, June 2-4, 2020
- Participation in training programs presented by Prudential attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department
- Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and will provide guidance on projects and other substantive work
- Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review
- Interviewing skill development and mock interview practice
- Networking both within Prudential and externally with law firms and regulatory groups
- Presentation development and delivery
- The opportunity shadow attorneys on various projects
- Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships
Applicants must be members of Hispanic National Bar Association. They need to be enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year of law school with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Applicants must be scheduled for graduation in spring 2022 (full-time students) or spring 2023 (part-time students). The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest.
The intern will be responsible for his/her own housing and transportation to and from Prudential’s office in Newark, New Jersey. Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite U.S. employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and a copy of your law school transcript to: Julia A. Lopez, Esq., HNBA Region III President and Deputy National Finance Director, c/o Reed Smith LLP, 506 Carnegie Center, Suite 300, Princeton, NJ 08540, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please write “Prudential Internship- [insert applicant’s name]” in the subject line of all correspondence. Please also send all materials in one envelope or email. All materials must be received by 5:00 pm EST on February 3, 2020. The finalist will be contacted by a Prudential Human Resources representative on or before March 2, 2020 regarding next steps in the application process.
Prudential and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
The HNBA VIA Fund is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Your contribution may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. The deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any goods or services received in exchange for your contribution. Please consult your tax advisers or the IRS to determine whether your contribution is deductible.